Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Las Isletas and Volcan Masaya

Oh my goodness. So I'll start with the good stuff. I went on a wonderful tour of the 365 islands that were created when Mombacho erupted a long long time ago. It as peaceful and beautiful out on the lake.

Then, after splurging on some artwork, I went on a tour of Masaya, and more active volcano. It was a landscape out of another world. I loved it. We also went into a bat cave and witnessed millions of bats flying out of the opening.

After returning to the hostel, I was beat, and stumbkled to a restaurant for a nice steak.

After returning to myself hostel and getting ready for bed, a terrible central American fear was realized. Bed Bugs! Nooooooooo! It was 10:30, and all I wanted to do was to collapse into the bed in my private room. Instead, I had to grab everything and, in the dark, transport it to the dorm.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. Instead of spending the night as planned, I'm going to return to Managua to share a room with Jill and Kathy, whom I've been travelling on and off with since Leon.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't bring any of those bedbugs with you. Otherwise, it seems like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete