Thursday, June 24, 2010

First Full Day At Origins

Wednesday at Origins is a day built for gaming. The exhibitor hall opens on Thursday (today), but the board room/open gaming room is open. So there are no distractions to gaming. I started off the day with Jef in a quest for the board room ribbon. It seems that 30 years has not been enough time to figure out how to run the first day registration lines with any level of efficiency.


After picking up our ribbons, Jef and I started into a game of larger than normal Wealth of Nations. I love this game. Wealth of Nations is an engine building economic game.


We were playing in the Board Room, here is a picture of the CABS gaming library.


My agenda for the rest of the day included playing Samarkand, watching Team USA rock the World Cup game, and going out to eat at a Japanese Steakhouse with the Dice Tower crew. I am not a fan of hibachi, but I did find myself quite satisfied with a few California Rolls.


After dinner, Ravindra, Jef, and I introduced Mark to Age of Steam. We played the China map. Congratulations to Jef for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment